Nie można wyświetlić wtyczki FB


Communes and Towns of Zagan County


Rural Commune Council in Brzeźnica
Address:  ul. Zielonogórska 30
68 - 113 Brzeźnica
tel./fax  +48 68 377 13 01
BRZEZNICA Rural Commune covers an area of 12.233 hectares and is situated in the south part of Lubuskie County. It borders with Nowogrod Bobrzanski Urban-Rural Commune in the North, Korzuchow Urban-Rural Commune in the East and in the South and West with Zagan Urban-Rural Commune
Within the Commune there are 13 towns, including 9 villages (with village councils) and 4 hamlets. Brzeznica Rural Commune is widely spread over 7 km of the road connecting Zagan and Zielona Gora. In the centre of the village there is a cultural center.
After WWII, Brzeznica and the other towns and villages within so called “The Regained Territories” (South-West of Poland) were settled by people from different places. A large group constituted “Gorale Czadeccy” – “Czadca Mountineers” (who originated in the Slovakian mountain areas), then in the 19th century moved to Bukowina in today’s Ukraine and Romania). Thanks to their initiative a folk music group was set up called “Watra”, which is well known in other countries as well.
When you are in Brzeznica you should visit the baroque church from the 18th century with a three-nave basilica and a transept.
Rural Commune Council
67 - 312 Niegosławice
tel. +48 68 378 10 38 or +48 68 378 10 72
NIEGOSLAWICE Commune covers part of the historical Glogow Duchy. The origins of most of the villages can be traced back in historical records up to 600-700 years ago. Folk tradition is cultivated by two music groups: Buki Band and Goscieszanki. Their music can be heard not only at local events but also in other districts.  The Commune is located on Szprotawa Plains and Kocie Gory (meaning - Cat Hills), which are part of Dalkowskie Hills. This area is perfect for tourism.
The most valuable area in the South of the Borough in terms of nature and tourism is Przemkow Landscape Park. Another place worth visiting is the Horse Riding Center in Sucha Dolna, which offers a lot of pastime activities such as horse riding, horse cart rides and outdoor events. There is gothic church in Przeclaw as well as early-gothic churches in Niegosławice, Bukowica, Mycielin and Gościeszowice.
The Commune Cultural Centre of the Niegoslawice Commune with its seat in Goscieszowice has been organizing a music event called Biesiada Zespolow Spiewaczych (Singing Groups Festival) since 1993. Music bands and choirs arrive from all over Poland to play there. The event has become recognizable within the whole voivodship. Another event organized every year in Niegoslawice is Commune Harvest Festival
Wymiarki Commune Council 
ul. Księcia Witolda 5
68 - 131 Wymiarki
tel. +48 68 360 40 45
WYMIARKI RURAL COMMUNE is situated in the south-west part of Lubuskie Voivodship. The Commune includes the villages of Wymiarki, Witoszyn Dolny, Witoszyn Gorny, Lutynka, Silno Małe, Lubieszow and Lubartow.
The area is equipped with waterworks and natural gas pipeline which deliver the products to the local commercial establishments and two thirds of the households.
Visiting Wymiarki Commune you must not miss the Church of Saint Michal Archangel in Witoszyn Dolny; it was built in the 13th century. The building consists of a rectangular nave and an adjacent presbytery from the North. The ample church yard is surrounded by a wall which used to be 4m tall in the past; today some parts only 1 meter high have survived. On the inside wall there is a cross whose unusual shape attracts our attention. Above the cross there is an inscription that says: “Here, in July 1472 Zagan Duke Jan II fell off a horse on his way to Przewoz, while his brother Duke Baltazar was dying of starvation being walled in a tower in Przewoz.
Malomice Commune Council
pl. Konstytucji 3 Maja 1
67-320 Małomice
tel. +48 68 376 90 77
fax +48 68 376 90 51
MALOMICE is located on the edge of Dolnoslaskie Bory (Lower Silesian Forests) on the River Bobr, in the south part of Lubuskie Voivodship. There are 4 thousand of inhabitants in Malomice (the town) and 1830 inhabitants living in 6 villages: Bobrzany, Chichy, Janowiec, Lubiechów, Śliwnik i Żelisław. The area of the Commune is 79.5 square km, including 525 hectars occupied by the town (45 per cent of the whole area is overgrown by forests). Malomice is located on the railway route from Cracow to Berlin.
If you plan to visit the town, do not forget to see the post-Evangelical octagonal baroque church in Malomice which was built in 1732. The building is covered with a mansard roof with a lantern. Inside there are a few tombstones amongst which there is a gothic one from 1414 and some renaissance slabs from the second half of the 16th century with reliefs of the knights from The Kotwicz and Milicz families. Malomice offers different sporting events starting in March, namely: National Winter Canoeing Trip along the Bobr River. In September there is another canoe/kayak event “The Canoeing Championship of Lubuskie Voivodship and Euro-region on the Sprewa-Nysa-Bobr Rivers”.  
The Town Council in Gozdnica
ul. Świerczewskiego 2
68 - 130 Gozdnica
tel. +48 68 360 10 20
fax + 48 68 360 10 76
GOZDNICA is situated on the south-west edge of Lubuskie Voivodship near the border crossing posts with Germany. The area is 24 square km, 67 per cent of which is overgrown by forest. The main employers in the town are building materials manufacturers.
Gozdnica is undeniably attractive for nature lovers. The undulating land and dense forest are ideal for hiking trips, cycling and mushroom picking.
The ex-strip mining areas are perfect for off cycling and motorcycling.
The Evangelical Church built between 1751 and 1753 is worth seeing. It has a dome covered with artistic tiles. Every year an event called Ceramist’s Summer is organized which is the festival of the local community.
The Town Council in Ilowa
ul. Żeromskiego 27
68 - 120 Iłowa
tel. +48 68 368 14 00
fax +48 68 368 14 01
IŁOWA is situated in Silesian Lowland, in the Lower Silesian Forests. It covers an area of 153 square km. There are 7579 inhabitants. Glass packaging manufacture has existed here since the 13th century.  With the help of PHARE funds a modern sewage plant has been built. Ilowa is a town with a rich chivalric past. Here you can find a palace built in 1626 which originally was a renaissance four-storey building with a tower. It was extended later with a baroque two-storey wing. Next to the palace there are some attached farm buildings and a characteristic landscape park with an abundant number of rhododendrons.
If you are in Ilowa you must visit The Holiest Heart of Christ’s Church, where for the last few years Summer Festival of Organ and Cameral Music has been organized. The concerts take place every Sunday in August. The main aim of the festival is the presentation of the Church organs, which are a real pearl among organs in Lubuskie Region. They were modeled on the best baroque organs. The festival gives a lot of pleasure to those who visit this unique place and want to experience unforgettable moments of live music.
SZPROTAWA is located in the south part of Lubuskie Voivodship; and the border of Lower Silesia Forests and Szprotawa Great Plains. It has 23,000 inhabitants. It covers an area of 232 square km, 33 per cent of which constitute forest areas. The Commune is of manufacture-agricultural character. The Commune’s main attraction is Szprotawa Beechtree Preserve (Buczyna Szprotawska) resembling Carpatian beech forests. In this reservation you can find the oldest English Oak (Quercus Robur) in Poland and also one of the three oldest oaks in Poland – 760-year-old call “Chrobry” (after a Polish king). It is 28m tall and the circumference of the trunk is 992cm.
The town is undisputedly beautiful; it is surrounded by 5 parks. The lack of factories makes the environment clean, and desirable for hikers and cyclists.
The rich history of Szprotawa goes back to the year of 1000 and its numerous historical treasures proof the past glamour of the place. In Szprotawa in the year 1000 the first ‘Polish-German summit’ took place when Boleslaw Chrobry (Polish King) met Otton III, German Emperor at the spot where a Roman church is located today. The Emperor was on a pilgrimage to Saint Wojciech in Gniezno. The is a monument commemorating this event in Iława,a borough of Szprotawa.
A tourist can also visit some other interesting places such as The Church of Saint Mary’s The Virgin Assumption, a gothic church in the town centre. It was built in the middle of the 13th century of field stone. The ruins of a castle are worth a look, it was built at the turn of the 13th and 14th century.
Unquestionably The Town Hall building is the most precious object not only in Szprotawa but also of the region, its two towers are very unusual.
In June, Szprotawa organizes an outdoor festival called Szprotawa Days, during which visitors will find lots of attractions, surprises and great fun.
Żagan Commune Council
ul. Armii Krajowej 9
68 - 100 Żagań
tel. +48 68 377 70 21
fax +48 68 377 23 36
ŻAGAŃ RURAL COMMUNE is situated in the southern part of Lubuskie Voivodship. It covers an area of 282 square meters. This region has a mild temperte climate. The Commune comprises of 20 villages and 3 hamlets.
There are mines for building aggregate, and water powered plant that use the energy of the River (Gryzyce, Gorzupia). The whole area of the Commune is like a heritage park, where you can find lots of historical buildings worth visiting. In Boznow there is a parish church from the 13th century and a vicarage from 1734.
In Jelenin there is a palace from the 18th century. It is a classical building situated in a little park. The interior of the palace is beautifully decorated with paintings, stucco and reliefs.
Bukowina Bobrzanska invites tourists to visit a neo-renaissance church with an octagonal tower of a pole construction. There are also the ruins of a palace built in the first half of the 16th century.
Zagan Town Council
pl. Słowiański 17
68 - 100 Żagań
tel. +48 68 377 25 45
fax +48 68 377 30 04
ŻAGAŃ – The capital of the county has about 28,000 inhabitants. It is situated in the south-west part of Lubuskie Voivodship, on the border of  Silesian Lowland (Nizina Slaska) and Cat Hills (Gory Kocie), near so called Lower Route (a historical trade route) going from the West to the East. On the South of the City Lower Silesian Forests (Bory Dolnoslaskie) spread for many kilometers and where two tributaries on the left of the River Bobr (The Kwisa and The Czerna River ) take their beginnings and flow into the Bobr.
Zagan is for sure the most attractive city in Lubuskie region in terms of historical treasures. It was well- known as early as at the beginning of the 13th when it was the capital of Zagan Duchy. In the first half of the 17th century a famous Habsburg chief, Wallenstein, started to build a palace at the site of a castle of Zagan Duchy. The building was given its final appearance in the times of Peter Biron, Curland Duke, and his daughter Dorothea Talleyrand.
Baroque Dukes Palace is surrounded by a deep moat. A 15 hectare landscaped park surrounds the Palace.
Other surprises waiting for you in Zagan are:
- God’s Tomb Chapel built in 1588 on the initiative of the Abbot Jacob II Liebig, of the Zagan Augustians Convent, next to The Church of the Annunciation to the Blessed Virgin Mary which is an exact copy of Christ’s Tomb in Jerusalem.
- Saint Crusifix Church founded by Dorothea Talleyrand in 1849
One of the most important events of Zagan is the Saint Michael Festival organized every year in September. It is a regional event attracting artists, businessmen, politicians and traders from all over the country as well as from abroad. For three days, the tourists and townspeople have fun together thanks to a varied outdoor entertainment. The unique atmosphere of the city will be discovered by every tourist who visits, especially for the festival.
The most precious historical building is the Post-Augustians Building Complex. It consists of a church, a former monastery, a monastery school and the monastery granary. Johannes Kepler, a famous astronomer, worked in the monastery. The reminder of this fact is a small room, decorated with wall paintings concerning astronomy.
A part of the Complex is The Church of the Annunciation to the Blessed Virgin Mary, built in the second half of the 14th century. In the refurbished historical library you can find numerous volumes of antique books of the 16th and 17th centuries and also two globes from the 17th century.

Starostwo Powiatowe w Żaganiu

ul. Dworcowa 39, 68 - 100 Żagań
Herb Powiatu Żagańskiego
tel. (068) 477 79 01, fax (068) 477 79 20
Nr konta: 95 1020 5402 0000 0202 0336 8032

Your browser does not support embedding of multimedia files

Events ›

  • Banner: ZPP
  • Banner: ANR
  • Banner: Alternatywna Baza Firm
  • Banner: Goerlitz
  • Banner: Lubuskie Warte Zachodu
  • Banner: Lotnisko
  • Banner: LPI